Saturday, July 16, 2011

Charge of the Goddess - Zia's version

Listen to the words of the Great Mother

I shall be called a million names by all who speak!
I am Eternal Maiden! I am Great Mother!
I am the Old One who holds the immortal key!
I am shrouded in Mystery, but am known to every soul.

I am the beauty of green earth,
and the white moon among the stars,
and the mystery of the waters,
and the desire of the heart of man.
Call unto thy soul, arise, and come unto me.

I am the soul of nature that gives life to the universe.
From Me all things proceed and unto Me they must return.
Let My worship be in the heart that rejoices,
for behold, all acts of love and pleasure are My rituals

Let there be beauty and strength,
power and compassion,
honour and humility,
mirth and reverence within you.

You shall be free from slavery
and you shall dance, sing, and feast.
Music shall surround you,
for mine is the ecstasy of the spirit,
and mine is also the joy of the earth!

I do not demand sacrifice!
For behold, I am the Mother of all things
and My love is poured out upon the Earth

And, as does the cycle of the Moon
ever begin to wax and wane and to grow forth again,
as do the seasons
from one to the next flow in smooth rhythm,
from sowing to reaping,
to seeming death and rebirth.....
so will my children know their own pattern in both worlds!

And you who seek to know Me,
know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not,
unless you know the Mystery:
for if that which you seek,
you find not within yourself,
you will never find it without.

For behold,
I have been with you from the beginning,
and I am That which is attained at the end of desire.

I took my favorite parts from other versions of the charge and combined those into a new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment